Late morning was spent playing on the shore area - Gigi really was jazzed about the water and had a blast sitting on the steps making a splash. She only needed to be rescued once (by Dad) when she took a header into the lake. It really didn't even phase her.
After a good romp in the cool water, we took Gigi back to our room, where she napped (with a sitter there), while Little Man, Elizabeth, Runcie, and I headed down to try waterskiing and tubing. And, fortunately, the weather cooperated and gave us a day in the upper 80's. It was perfect! Little Runcie didn't like being in such a big lake so far away from us - so he gave a signal to end his ride shortly after it had just begun. Elizabeth, however, loved the freedom and independence - she had a blast. Although we were feeling a little rusty, Runcie and I decided to put on the skis and zip around.
After an exhausting day of lots of playing and romping around the island, we drove up to Schroon Lake (about 25 min. north). I spent several summers in Schroon Lake at the Word of Life Camp. That was when I fell in love with the Adirondack Mountains and lakes . . . and those memories have been the inspiration for our journey to Lake George.
4 comments:
is that runcie's ripped stomach in that pic?
I love all the pictures and especially the ones of the kids. They're so cute!!!
Elisabeth,
I am glad you are enjoying the pictures! I know the kids would love to see you, in fact, they were just talking about you today! I think we'll all need to get together soon. Love you-
Kely -
No, that was not Runcie - that was actually our ski instructor/ boat driver (with the little ones - we thought that it'd be better to have some extra help while we skied) I will say Runcie has been working out more lately - He and I have been trying out P90X....(a home workout video that's kinda intense - I roped him into it :)
Kely,
Definitely not my abs . . . it's been about 6 weeks since I've done a workout, and even, then, it wouldn't have been a pretty sight.
Sorry about the inadvertant phone calls. I've got a phone with a touch screen that I haven't really learned how to work - enough said. I actually was going to try to call you after you posted, but it's hard to even get service around here. We need to catch up soon.
Post a Comment